Mahmowenchike Family Development Centre is seeking highly energetic, creative, and reliable individuals to work in our after school programs located in St. Vincent school (Redwood Avenue) and St. Ann school (Georgina Avenue). This position will be a full-time position whose day will be comprised of being a floater position during the mornings, providing relief to all programs, including infants, toddlers, and preschool-aged children, where required; providing lunch relief, and; running their own after school program.
Our successful candidates will
- Possess a diploma or degree in Early Childhood Education (member in good standing of the College of Early Childhood Educators), Child and Youth Work, Recreation and Leisure Services, or a Bachelor of Education (registered teacher) or have equivalent experience working in early childhood education,
- Possess a valid First Aid and CPR, level C, certificate (including infant/child CPR),
- Possess the ability to abide by the College of Early Childhood Educators’ Code of Ethics,
- Be able to provide a current, clear Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening,
- Possess a strong working knowledge of relevant legislation, policies, and procedures to ensure that children are supervised and safe at all times,
- Provide a clear TB skin test and up-to-date immunization record,
- Have the ability to work individually or as part of a team,
- Ability to follow the Seven Grandfather Teachings in our programs,
- Having knowledge and understanding of the Indigenous teachings, practices, culture, traditions, and language is considered a strong asset.
The successful candidates will be expected to:
- Provide constant supervision, guidance, and assistance to children in daily activities,
- Plan goals, objectives, and behavioural expectations for children based on their individual needs,
- Develop and deliver developmentally-appropriate programs based on the planned goals for the children,
- Extend the children’s learning through the understanding of child development, reflection, and research done on specific interests and goals,
- Set reasonable, realistic, and age-appropriate behaviour expectations consistent with the centre’s philosophy and policies that encourage self-control, self-esteem, and self-help skills,
- Provide a warm, safe, caring environment for children aged 0 to 12.
If you are interested in applying for these vacant positions, please forward a resume, cover letter, and 2-3 work- or school-related references to office[@]mahmowenchike.ca by 5:30 PM on March 7th, 2019.
Competitive wages and benefit package offered, as well as a fun and challenging work environment. A sincere thank you to all who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Miigwetch!